Sunday, April 24, 2011

It Is Time for some .....And More!

These are Easter eggs that I learned how to make from my dad who was born in 1917.  People are amazed when I tell them how they are made!  So let me amaze you!  Take white raw eggs, wrap them is onion skins from yellow onions (they are brown), wrap that in fabric and tie securely.  Boil them as you would any other egg.  Peel the fabric and onion skins off and see what happened.  The fun part is you never know what kind of design you will get from the skins and pieces of skins! 

 



1 comment:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

They really are gorgeous! One year I used clover as stencils...put each egg in a piece of nylon to hold the plans in place and then boiled them. I didn't get the gorgeous marbling though. I also tried some with turmeric, beets, maybe some blueberries. We should dye eggs together next year!!